Slow Down Alzheimer’s Disease with this Dessert…
This is our 3rd and final article about delicious and healthy Brain SuperFoods that can protect your brain and improve your thinking. Plus, they taste great so you can enjoy eating them!
You remember from our first two articles that Blueberries and Avocados are delicious to eat, healthy for your body, and great for your brain. They protect your brain from damage, give your brain the minerals it needs, and most importantly…they are enjoyable to eat.
Just a quick reminder, here is what you want in a Brain Food:
- Provide minerals and nutrients for your brain and body
- Organic, free of pesticides and herbicides and other brain-damaging toxins
- Delicious, so you will enjoy eating them
Our final Brain SuperFood might be one of your favorite foods of all time. It is a food that millions of people crave. It is a comfort food, and is eaten at birthdays, weddings, and graduations.
And it is one of the most versatile foods on the planet.
Our final Brain SuperFood is Dark Chocolate.
Benefits of Dark Chocolate:
- Enhances focus and memory
- Powerful antioxidant
- Has Zinc, which helps protect against Alzheimer’s disease
- Protects against depression
- Increases Serotonin, an important neurotransmitter in your brain
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- Can reduce blood pressure – therefore protect your brain
- Can protect you against heart disease
- Good source of Magnesium, and important supplement to your brain
- Increases blood flow to the brain
- Improves brain function
We are very fortunate that a food as tasty and delicious as chocolate is so healthy and is so good for your brain. It protects your brain from damage and can improve your thinking.
The power of chocolate to help your brain is confirmed by scientific research.
Research on Chocolate and The Brain
Researchers recruited 16 women to investigate the impact of high-antioxidant cacao – in other words “dark chocolate” – on their brains. It was a double-blind controlled study.
Here is a summary of the study
- Participants did not use alcohol or caffeine 12 hours prior to testing
- Researchers used an MRI machine to examine their brains
- Participants had 2 scans from the MRI, 14 days apart
- Participants drank 1 chocolate drink per day for 5 days, before their MRI scan
- Half the subjects drank a low-chocolate drink, half drank a high-chocolate drink
- Participants did not know which chocolate drink they received (i.e., they were “blind” to their treatment group)
- Those who had the rich chocolate drink had increased blood flow to their brains when looked at with the MRI
Most importantly, the benefits of chocolate were so strong in this study that the researchers concluded that chocolate could be a viable treatment for people who have suffered strokes or have been diagnosed with dementia.
Another study was done investigating the impact of dark chocolate on the brains of older adults.
Here is a summary of chocolate study #2
- Participants were 90 elderly adults with mild cognitive impairment (e.g., brain fog or early-stage dementia)
- The study was a double-blind study (i.e., neither the researchers nor the participants knew if they got the chocolate treatment or the placebo)
- Participants were in 3 groups
- High chocolate group
- Medium chocolate group
- Low chocolate group
- Participants drank 1 chocolate drink every day for 8 weeks
- Those who drank the most chocolate – the high chocolate group – had many benefits
- Better performance on cognitive tests
- Better verbal fluency
- Reduced blood pressure
- Reduced insulin resistance
Basically, those who drank the most chocolate had improved brain performance, better verbal fluency, and had health benefits like decreased blood pressure and protection from diabetes.
Are you getting hungry for some dark chocolate yet?
5 Ways to Enjoy Dark Chocolate:
1. With Your Coffee in the Morning
a. Chocolate and coffee go great together.
b. Coffee is also rich in antioxidants and is healthy for your brain.
c. Use chocolate instead of sugar with your coffee.
d. DO NOT add milk to your coffee, it ruins the benefits of coffee by making the antioxidants not digestible.
2. Mid Afternoon Snack
a. Instead of going to the vending machine and getting a sugary snack, choose some dark chocolate instead.
3. With Strawberries after dinner
a. Strawberries are rich in nutrients too
b. The sweet strawberries go well with the rich-tasting dark chocolate.
c. A guilt-free dessert your brain will love.
4. Keep Dark Chocolate in your Desk Drawer
a. If you need a healthy snack it is there for you.
b. Replace any high-sugar snacks or sweets in your desk or around your house with healthy dark chocolate.
5. Pair with Red Wine after dinner
a. Red wine is rich in healthy antioxidants.
b. Red wine has Resveratrol, which is good for your brain AND good for your stem cells.
c. Pairing dark chocolate with red wine is a delightful, delicious, and nutritious treat.
Now you can enjoy more achievement and more power in your life because you know what delicious foods you can eat to improve your brain, reduce your risk of depression, and protect yourself from dementia.
You can also help loved ones protect their brains by sharing this information with them. And perhaps they will enjoy eating these tasty foods with you.
To review, the 3 Brain SuperFoods Are:
- Dark Chocolate
And we have good news for you…
If you or someone you love has brain fog, early stage Alzheimer’s disease, early stage dementia, OR if you are simply 100% committed to protecting your brain and keeping your memory sharp, we’ve put together a new eBook just for you.
It’s full of cutting-edge research and developments to keep your brain healthy. You need to know what’s happening to your brain and the risks you’re facing.
It’s called Reclaim Your Brain, and it is available for a limited time.
To your health,
The Healing Miracle Team
Did you enjoy this article?
Share your own experiences below!
Researchers at the Dental Medicine School in UConn used the latest in technology to observe real-time cellular communication, a process that can eventually lead us to understand cell secretion dynamics and the mechanism of tissue repair. Assistant professor Kshitiz...
Heart health and function, brain function, metabolism, bone health. You likely agree those are extremely vital processes in your body, right? Well, there’s a nutrient you’ve probably never heard of that is responsible for each of those processes, and yet some experts...
A recent study revealed harmful results that come with the use of e-cigarette and flavored e-cigarette liquids. The study involved the use of stem cells in discovering negative repercussions that come with e-liquids concerning cardiovascular diseases. Cinnamon and...